Trauma-Resilient Educational Communities (TREC) Training
The Trauma-Resilient Educational Communities (TREC) model improves individual and organizational health through healing-centered relationships and practices built upon equity, mindfulness, compassion, and growth mindsets. TREC is based on Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) science and is a full accreditation model with six core trainings, a series of resilience programs for students, data collection and analysis, and the development of the TREC ecosystem of schools and partners.
All schools in the Learn4Life network are on a trek to become TREC Accredited. The 18–24-month process, culminating in an onsite accreditation review, ensures that all elements of the school meet the measures for being trauma-resilient.
TREC Trainings include:
· Foundations of ACEs Science and Trauma-Resilient Practices
· Mindfulness and Meditation
· Self-Care and Compassion Fatigue
· Relationships and Restorative Justice Practices
· Equity, Inclusion and Cultural Humility
· TREC Accreditation: Process and Practices
TREC Resilience Courses and Programs Include:
· HOPE (Helping Our Parenting students Excel)
· Jobs 4 California Graduates (J4CG – JAG)
· Meditation Courses and Clubs
· Synthesis of Literacy, Art and Media (SLAM) Poetry
· Students Of Unity, Respect, Consciousness, and Energy (SOURCE)
· Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) services
· Trauma-Informed Yoga
Download Curriculum Abstracts here [LINK].
Download the Resiliency Curriculum Abstracts here [LINK].
Join TREC – Coming Soon!